5.11.2012

I have an agent!


A quick, ecstatic post today. I am thrilled to announce officially that I have accepted representation from Molly Ker Hawn of The Bent Agency. Molly has already proved herself to be an insightful and hard working agent, and The Bent Agency itself has a sterling reputation. All I can say is, I feel like this major step brings me so much closer to being… y’know… an author.

I will post my ‘agent story’ in a couple of days – I know I always loved reading those when I was querying.

Ha, see that? ‘Was’. Can’t believe I have an agent…

But I do.

11 comments:

  1. FABULOUS! Well done :) How exciting for you. You're the second person I know in America who's landed their first agent in the last month - and you're the only two writers I know over there! I should start hiring myself to writers in America to see if it works out for them! Great news :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Although come to think of it, I know both of you through Naomi - so maybe she's the lucky one!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Either way, there's certainly a charm there ;)
    Thanks, I'm pretty excited by it all. Onwards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! Very, very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Randi and Charity. I really hope you'll 'watch this space' and come with me as I journey (I hope!) into publishing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!

    More good news; I listed you as a recipient for The Versatile Blogger Award

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, wahey! Thank you Diane, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've given your blog an award! Stop by and pick it up: http://emotionalnovel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, randi.lee! I will be sure to make posts about all of this in the coming week, mark my words. For now, accept my thanks and my promise alone...?

    ReplyDelete